Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Full moon tonight

Above was my last picture of the day as I walked up Point Grey Hill last night.  I'm not sure how the sky came out so blue, but there it is, anyway.  It was very close to full, but tonight will be the night.  If you find yourself or those around you doing strange things, be reassured it has nothing to do with the moon.  I found a little article that describes a ton of research proving that full moons have nothing to do with all that superstitious stuff commonly believed.  I'll do my own personal research today, and let you know what I think of that research:)

And below was my first picture of the day yesterday.  I won't be biking for a couple of days.  For some reason, I'm finding the cold much more than before my accident.  The snow is pretty much gone today, but I can't face the thought of icy fingers and frozen head.  Maybe it's a good thing.  A couple of days last week on the bike to get over my fear, and now some common sense rest until I get closer to the six-seek point on Friday.  
Spring is coming.  Honest!  Maybe the full moon will turn the tide (or weather).

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at MY school you can pretty much tell from 460 squirrelly little barometers when its the full moon; big changes in weather, too. You'll never convince me otherwise.
    Good that you're taking your time getting bike to full-time on the bike. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EvenSong, I think a log of people would go with your practical research. I have to admit the weather didn't change, and it was a pretty normal day at my school yesterday. Guess I'll have to check out a few more full moons before I consider my research complete. Here's the web address (Sorry I don't know how to do a link in a comment) of the site I mentioned: http://skepdic.com/fullmoon.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that crime rates go up during a full moon, but that is believed to be due to the light it provides - facilitates break ins and other stealthy behaviour! I've read one theory that people may seem more squirrelly than at other times because the amount of light throws off the biological clock and effects wake/sleep patterns, and other theories that it is something to do with magnetic pull, tides, and atmospheric conditions.
    I know the coyotes around here have been singing up a storm for the past couple of nights, and my own dogs are restless and wanting outside at weird middle-of-the-night times - but that's probably because they hear the coyotes!

    ReplyDelete